Wednesday, July 22nd, 2020

Fire from hand sanitizer, couple burnt

Published 10:50 pm | July 22, 2020

dainik somoy sangbad

Online Desk : A physician couple received sever burn injuries in a fire caused from disinfectant hand sanitizer in their house in city’s Hatirpul area early Wednesday.

They are now undergoing treatment at Sheikh Hasina National Burn and Plastic Surgery Institute.

The couple are: Dr Rajib Bhattacharjee, 36, of Neurosurgery Department at Bangabandhu Sheikh Mujib Medical University and Anushua Bhattacharjee, the registrar of the Eye Department of Shyamoli Central Medical.

Dr Samanta Lal Sen, chief coordinator of the institute, said the fire incident occurred around 1 am on Wednesday.

The husband received 87 per cent burn injuries and the wife 20 per cent. Dr Rajib was put on life support while the condition of Anushua is also critical.

The fire originated from liquid hand sanitizer when it came in contact with cigarette or Mosquito coil. Rajib, first caught on fire and, then, his wife when she came for her husband’s rescue.

Matched Content

দৈনিক সময় সংবাদ ২৪ ডট কম সংবাদের কোনো সংবাদ, তথ্য, ছবি,আলোকচত্রি, ভিডিওচিত্র, অডিও কনটেন্ট কপিরাইট আইনে র্পূব অনুমতি ছাড়া ব্যবহার করা সর্ম্পূণ বেআইনি। সামাজিক যোগাযোগ মাধ্যমে যে কোন কমেন্সের জন্য কর্তৃপক্ষ দায়ী নয়।


Shares