Wednesday, September 9th, 2020

Leaking Sinha murder inquiry report was not right: Home Minister

Published 10:31 pm | September 09, 2020

dainik somoy sangbad

Online Desk : Home Minister Asaduzzaman Khan Kamal has said that he doesn’t know how the probe report on the investigation into the murder of Major (Retd) Sinha was published in a newspaper.
“We can’t say whether the report published in the media is true. We’re yet to go through the report, we’ll read it and then talk about it,” he said while responding to a question from reporters at his office at the Home Ministry in the secretariat.

Replying to another question, he said a newspaper did not do the right thing by leaking the report. When asked whether any action would be taken against the newspaper which published the report, Kamal said: “We are not yet thinking about it … We will see how much of it is true and how they got it.”

Those who have published the report have not done the right thing and they have revealed it when the trial is underway, said the minister. He did not make any comment about the report saying that the matter is subjudice.

“If the court wants this report, we will give it to the court. We will make every effort to ensure that an impartial report goes to the judges,” Kamal said.

The Home Minister said, “The inquiry committee submitted the report at the Home Ministry. A committee headed by additional secretary of the ministry will review the report. Steps would be taken examining their recommendations. If the judge concerned wants, we will provide the report. Otherwise, not.”

The RAB is currently investigating the case under the directive of the court, he said. “We don’t want anything to be leaked which will affect that investigation. Judges don’t want it either,” said Kamal.

The probe body, formed by the Home Ministry over the killing of Major (Retd) Sinha Md Rashed Khan in Teknaf, submitted its report to Home Minister Asaduzzaman Khan on Monday.

Mohammad Mizanur Rahman, head of the probe body and Chittagong Additional Divisional Commissioner (Development), submitted the probe report.

The probe body was formed on August 3 and was initially scheduled to submit its report within seven working days, but got extension several times.

Major (Retd) Sinha was killed in police firing at Baharchhara police check-post on July 31.

Sharmin Shahriar Ferdous, elder sister of Sinha, filed a case with Teknaf Senior Judicial Magistrate’s Court on August 5.

Matched Content

দৈনিক সময় সংবাদ ২৪ ডট কম সংবাদের কোনো সংবাদ, তথ্য, ছবি,আলোকচত্রি, ভিডিওচিত্র, অডিও কনটেন্ট কপিরাইট আইনে র্পূব অনুমতি ছাড়া ব্যবহার করা সর্ম্পূণ বেআইনি। সামাজিক যোগাযোগ মাধ্যমে যে কোন কমেন্সের জন্য কর্তৃপক্ষ দায়ী নয়।